We welcome new members and we offer a multitude of roles other than firefighting. Firefighting, communications, catering, logistics, planning and aviation support are all critical – there is a job for everyone in our Brigade.
The minimum age to join the Rural Fire Service as a volunteer is 16, if you are under the age of 16 please enquire about our Junior member and Cadet Program. Junior members are aged from 12-16 and participate in training but cannot go on a fireground.
If you are thinking of joining the Mt Wilson/Mt Irvine Rural Fire Brigade, you will need to:
- Join the NSW Rural Fire Service. Approach one of the senior Mt Wilson/Mt Irvine Brigademembers who will help you through the joining process.
- Join the Mt Wilson/Mt Irvine Brigade.
- There will be a Criminal History Record Check
- Make the Volunteer Declaration.
- The membership forms will need to be signed by the Captain or the President of the Brigade.
- Following this you will need to do a Safety Induction at the Mt Wilson Fire Station
It will help you to understand the process if you review the pdf 10 Steps to Becoming a Volunteer (95 KB) before you make a final decision.